- Population: 198.8 million.
- Size: 8.517.767 km2.
- Ethnic groups: 47.73% White (47.73 %), Pardo(43.13%), Black (7.61%), Asian (1.09%),Amerindian (0.43%)
- Governance: Federal presidential constitutional republic.
- Longest river: Amazon River (6.400 km).
- Højeste punkt: Pico da Neblina (2.994 m)
- Three most important export goods: transport equipment, iron ore, soy beans.
- Best World Cup ranking of the national soccer team: 1 (1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002).
- Amount of medals during the latest Summer Olympics: 17 medals (3 gold, 5 silver and 9 bronze).
- Amount of cell phones per capita: 1.25.
FACTS about Rio de Janeiro
- Population: 6.123.652
- Size: 1.182 km2.
- Population density: 5.191 per km2.
FUN FACTS about Rio de Janeiro:
What are the most popular food and candy for kids?
Kids love to eat candy here in Brazil, preferably they eat a lot of sweet stuffed biscuits and salted chips, the most known brands are called Traquinas and Fofura and they also like to eat fast food at a local kind of Mac Donald’s called Bob´s.
Is there a special name for a person coming from/living in Rio de Janeiro?
Yes, people living in Rio are called “Cariocas”
What do the kids watch on TV?
The kids like to watch two TV –programs called Carrossel and Chiquititas, these are the most popular shows at the moment.
Do you have a special monument or something that everyone relates to your city?
The most famous monument in Rio is the Christ. Click here to see it