- Population: 143.5 million.
- Size: 17.098.242 km2.
- Ethnic groups: ethnic Russian (79.8 %), Tartar (3.8 %), Ukrainian (2 %), Bashkir (1.2 %), Chuvash (1.1 %), others (12.1 %).
- Governance: Federal semi-presidential republic.
- Longest river: Lena (4.400 km.).
- Highest point: Mount Elbrus 5,642 m.
- Three most important export goods: petroleum and petroleum products, natural gas, metals.
- Best World Cup ranking of the national soccer team: 18 (1994).
- Amount of medals during the latest Summer Olympics: 82 medals (24 gold, 26 silver and 32 bronze).
- Amount of cell phones per capita: 1.84.
FACTS about St. Petersburg
- Population: 5.028.000
- Size: 1.431 km2.
- Population density: 3.514 per km2.
- Highest point: Orekhovaya hill (175. 9 m).
FUN FACTS about St. Petersburg:
What is the most popular food and candy for kids?
All the children they like fast-food, pancakes and any kind of cakes, chocolate and lollipop – “cockalorum” most of all.
Is there a special name for a person coming from/living in St. Petersburg?
Usually we are called “Piterets” or “Petersburgets”
What is the city’s brand?
White nights and drawbridges
Do you have a special monument or something that everyone relates to your city?
– click on the name of the monuments to see pictures and read more
(Source: Kids from St. petersburg city Palace of Youth Creativity (Anichkov Palace))