- Population: 51.19 million
- Size: 1.219.912 km2.
- Ethnic groups: Black African (79.2%), Colored (8.9%), White (8.9%), Indian or Asian(2.5%), other (0.5%).
- Governance: Parliamentary republic.
- Longest river: Oranje (2.200 km).
- Highest point: Njesuthi (3.408 m)
- Three most important export goods: gold, diamonds, platinum and other minerals.
- Best World Cup ranking of the national soccer team: 20 (2010).
- Amount of medals during the latest Summer Olympics: 6 medals (3 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze).
- Amount of cell phones per capita: 1.35
FACTS about Cape Town
- Population: 3.740.026
- Size: 2.455 km2.
- Population density: 1.500 per km2.
- Highest point: Table Mountain (1.086 m)